CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
Stitched Smile Magazine
PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THEM MAY RESULT IN YOUR
SUBMISSION BEING LOST OR AUTO-REJECTED
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: LISA VASQUEZ
CO-EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: DONELLE PARDEE WHITING
MANAGING EDITOR: M.F. Wahl
Original Short Fiction:
1) Please submit in Shunn Standard Manuscript Format.
2) Maximum word length is a firm 7,000 words.
3) No multiple submissions
4) No simultaneous submissions
5) Send submissions with the subject: SSP Mag: Short Fiction <Story Title> to CONTACT
1) Poems must be 250 lines or less.
2) No multiple submissions
3) No simultaneous submissions
4) Send submissions with the subject: SSP Mag: Poetry <Poem Title> to CONTACT
We accept a very limited amount of reprints. Please query with a short synopsis and explaining why we must have your reprint. Be sure to detail your story’s print history and send to CONTACT with the subject: SSP Mag: Reprint Query <Story Title>
Art, Comics, Fashion, and Others:
1) Please submit with a link to your online gallery. Do not send images via e-mail.
As of right now we’re unable to offer payment. This magazine is just starting up and we’re a small press. We wish to change this as quickly as possible. We hope you understand and we thank you for your best submissions.
Other Info and Rights:
1) Anything you submit must be under your sole copyright (unless co-authored, and both authors are part of the submission).
2) Anything you submit must be original.
3) Anything you submit must be previously unpublished unless previously queried, with the exception of art an other non-written submissions
4) We try to respond to all submissions within 90 days.
5) We welcome submissions from all walks of life. We love diversity, but please be aware that we make our decisions based solely on the quality of submitted works.
5) If accepted you’ll be giving us first world-exclusive rights from the date you sign your contract until 1 year after your work is published. After 1 year from publication the rights revert back to you, however your work can still be sold in back-issues of Stitched Smile Magazine and we'll retain non-exclusive distribution rights, including the right to publish your work as part of “best of” anthologies, should we choose, but you can publish or sell your work anywhere else you’d like.
Copyright © Stitched Smile Publications, LLC. All rights reserved.