INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING TO OUR NEXT ISSUE? READ MORE ABOUT IT BELOW!
PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THEM MAY RESULT IN YOUR SUBMISSION BEING LOST OR AUTO-REJECTED
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: LISA VASQUEZ
Original Short Fiction:
1) Please submit in Shunn Standard Manuscript Format.
2) Maximum word length is a firm 7,000 words.
3) No multiple submissions
4) No simultaneous submissions
5) Send submissions with the subject: SSP Mag: Short Fiction <Story Title> to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Poems must be 250 lines or less.
2) No multiple submissions
3) No simultaneous submissions
4) Send submissions with the subject: SSP Mag: Poetry <Poem Title> to email@example.com
We accept a very limited amount of reprints. Please query with a short synopsis and explaining why we must have your reprint. Be sure to detail your story’s print history and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: SSP Mag: Reprint Query <Story Title>
Art, Comics, and Others:
Please submit with a link to your online gallery. Do not send images via e-mail.
What we’re looking for:
First and foremost we're looking for great horror stories and art, above all else, but we love a good genre bender. We love the weird, the fantastical, the terrifying, the hard look into ourselves, the mind ticks, the monsters both real and imagined. We want to be scared, fascinated, and repulsed, or a little of each. We have no issues with sex and violence, we're a depraved bunch here, but it had better be top-notch and not be gratuitous. Sex and violence for the sake of sex and violence takes us out of the story. We're not about censorship, but tread very lightly when it comes to the abuse of animals, people, sentient aliens, etc... Go nuts if you want to torture a few dandelions.
Other Info and Rights:
1) Anything you submit must be under your sole copyright (unless co-authored, and both authors are part of the submission).
2) Anything you submit must be original.
3) Anything you submit must be previously unpublished unless previously queried, with the exception of art an other non-written submissions
4) We try to respond to all submissions within 90 days.
5) We welcome submissions from all walks of life. We love diversity, but please be aware that we make our decisions based solely on the quality of submitted works.
5) For stories and poems – if accepted you’ll be giving us first world-exclusive rights from the date you sign your contract until six months after your work is published. After six months from publication the rights revert back to you, however your work can still be sold in back-issues of Stitched Smile Magazine and we'll retain non-exclusive distribution rights, including the right to publish your work as part of “best of” anthologies, should we choose, under the same contract terms and payment as accepted, but you can publish or sell your work anywhere else you’d like. For art and other submissions you’ll be giving us non-exclusive rights to print in the one issue its accept to. The work can also be sold in back-issues of Stitched Smile Magazine and we'll retain non-exclusive distribution rights, including the right to publish your work as part of “best of” anthologies, should we choose, under the same contract terms and payment as accepted, but you can publish or sell your work anywhere else you’d like.